Promise Housing Plus (PHP) is hiring a Construction Crew Lead Position
posted on April 07
Construction Crew Lead Position
Promise Housing Plus (PHP) is a Christian, non-proﬁt organization, aﬃliated with Church Of The Promise, that seeks to address issues with access to aﬀordable housing and access to job (training) opportunities in the Louisville, Kentucky metro area. PHP is seeking a construction worker to join our team.
Purpose of this position
The construction team lead is a ministry focused construction position. The qualiﬁed candidate will provide strong leadership and have a desire to love our neighbors and our neighborhood, as well as a passion for Christian community development. While the daily tasks will be the same as most construction workers we are searching for someone who desires a job in non- traditional ministry.
The construction crew lead will lead workers in a variety of construction projects and coordinate with company leadership. Some experience is needed. Construction crew lead will have to be physically able and have good leadership and project management skills. To be successful in this position, the construction crew lead will develop successful teams, enjoy working outdoors, and be able to perform strenuous physical tasks.
Will lead construction teams in:
- Planning materials list and gathering materials.
- Assisting and preparing weekly schedules of work, workers and projects.
- Preparing construction sites, materials, and tools. Loading and unloading of materials, tools, and equipment.
- Removing debris, garbage, and dangerous materials from sites. Assembling and breaking down barricades, temporary structures, and scaﬀolding.
- Assisting and coordinating with sub-contractors.
- Install interior ﬁnishes such as, drywall, hanging doors, installing hardware, etc. Assemble and install cabinetry, ﬂooring, lighting, etc.
- Installing siding, windows, and associated trim. Installing fencing and misc. landscaping
- Following all health and safety regulations.
- Mixing, pouring, and leveling concrete.
- Provide project updates to management verbally, and or in written form.
Construction experience is required. Supervisory or leadership experience preferred. Ability to help plan and manage resources. Speciﬁc training may be provided for speciﬁc job functions so a willingness to learn is important. Must be willing to lead others and work as part of a team. Must be willing to lift 50 plus pounds, bend, twist, and grip. Punctuality and good attendance required.
Salary: $15.00 to $21 per hour. Overtime: Almost never.
Interested candidates please contact Ryan Stoess at 502-438-0187 or ryan@promise- housing.com