Lighthouse Academy at Newburg Holds Annual Health and Back to School Fair
posted on August 12
The Lighthouse Academy at Newburg held their annual Health and Back to School Fair on Saturday, August 3, serving families and students getting ready for the new school year.
By the numbers:
- 1434 - Adults and children registered
- 1080 - Free backpacks with school supplies
- 800 - Free lunches from JCPS Bus Cafe
- 600 - Pure Tap Water Bottles from Louisville Water Company
- 90 - Vision screenings from South Oldham Lions Club
- 40 - Dental Checks by Kare Mobile Dental Inc.
- 100 - Back to school and sports physicals from volunteer doctors and nurse practitioners and Galen School of Nursing students.
- 86 - Total volunteers to help out from Lighthouse staff, board, partnering churches and JCPS volunteers, and volunteer interpreters